Monday, May 4, 2009

Tori's Blessing Day

A baby comes,
a household hums,
love welcomes
sweet perfection.

A prayer ascends,
the Lord extends
His blessings
and protection.


Yesterday we blessed Tori and spent a wonderful day with our family. Tori looked so pretty in her blessing dress. I bought this dress only a few weeks after I found out we were having a girl. I was shopping with my mom and sister when we found it and I just loved it. It has been hanging in her closet waiting for her for months. I think it was a perfect fit.

A few weeks ago I ran all over town looking for a pair of frilly socks so I had to include a picture that showed her feet. (Sorry she looks kinda angry in this one)


Happy family. Man, I love these two kids! And my hubby!


This picture is one of my favorites. Tori surrounded by a just a few of her cousins. Look at these adorable future mothers! They just had to be around the baby, stroking her cheeks, playing with her hands, telling her how pretty she was. They were so cute!


What a cute, little face! (Couldn't you just squeeze those cheeks?!) Of course I couldn't get her to smile like this while she was in her blessing clothes, but I'll take this one anyway. Thank you to all of our awesome family that celebrated this special day with us. We love you!!

5 comments:

sdralphs said...

Tori is too cute! I am so glad that I got come! It was so much fun. You are a wonderful host. Shane is sad he missed it! I am so excited for Andrea and you to come to Chicago! Love you guys!

Us Egberts said...

Yeah for updates!!! What a beauty....I would love to squeeze those little chubber cheeks! Her dress and her family is ADORABLE!

Mike and Jessie Hylton said...

I can't believe how fast she is growing. You have two very cute kids. I hope we can get together sometime soon.

Denice said...

She is just so, so cute! And yes...I could spend all day squeezing those cheeks but then she would hate me. :) Love the dress and the socks..they definitely make the outfit. Congrats!!

codymegan said...

Those chubby cheeks just kill me!