Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Fun

Happy Easter! (A few days late) We celebrated this weekend with the traditional coloring and hunting of the eggs, and, of course, getting all dressed up in our Easter best to attend church. (First time back since the baby was born. Missed most of Sacrament meeting due to an urgent feeding, followed by blow-out cleanup)

While we were coloring eggs I tried to explain to Tate the real meaning behind Easter. It's kind of a difficult concept for a two-year old to grasp and I think he is now just extremely confused. Something happened to Jesus because he loves me, there's hard-boiled eggs that we dip in colored water, some sort of scarey, ginormous bunny breaks into my house to hide plastic eggs, and, the saving grace of the whole holiday, the plastic eggs contain candy.



7 comments:

sdralphs said...

Shannon I love the pictures! So cute! I cannot wait to see everyone again!

Dia MInha said...

Such cute pictures Shanon. I loved the story about teaching Tate about the true meaning of Easter.

Oh, and I love the blue paint you used in the dining room. You'll have to let me know what color it is. I want to use it in my bathrooms.

Lydia

Three Men and a Janie said...

I can't stand it any longer!! Bring that cute chubby baby to me so I can SQUEEZE her! (Gently, softly, of course!!)

Mac was very upset when I told him about Jesus dying and then coming to life again. He was pretty distraught the whole day about it. We'll try again a little later, I think!

Us Egberts said...

Good times....Every time I see Tate in his little glasses it makes me giggle....That little chub muffin is growing...Something about chubby little cheeks everyone wants to squeeze her.

Denice said...

Tate looks so cute and excited! I'm glad you had a nice Easter!!

codymegan said...

I love that little tatertot!! Another blow out? My goodness, what are you feeding that girl?! She's so adorable, thank you so much for bringing her over to visit us all!

Rachel said...

Darling photos! And I love the description of Easter from Tate's perspective. It is a little hard to wrap your mind around, isn't it? So, we met the new neighbors and Isaac was ELATED to learn that their baby boy is named TATE!!! I don't have to correct him anymore when he calls your house, "Tate's house". We still miss you guys like crazy, and need to come hang out with the original Tater Tot!