Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Chubby Bubby

Tori is now 3 weeks old. She had her two week check up last week which confirmed my suspicion that this girl knows how to pack on the pounds. She was up to 8 lb 15.5 oz, which puts her in the 70th percentile. She was also 20 3/4 inches long, which is the 65th percentile. So our girl is definitely getting chubby. I love it!

Tate, Tori, and Daddy, just hanging out.

So serious. Tori is starting to smile a little bit, but they are so few and far between that I haven't caught one on camera.

This is how Tate spent conference weekend. Watching movies while we all watched the prophet.


This picture was taken just this morning. I got up the nerve and took both kids grocery shopping with me! It was a daring adventure that actually turned out quite well. I got every item on my list, Tori slept quietly in the frontpack, and Tate downed lots of snacks while "driving" in the front of one of those carts that looks like a truck. While I unloaded all of the groceries from the car, Tori was laying on the floor and was starting to get a little fussy. I finished unloading, and then headed upstairs to get her and I found Tate laying by her, blanket thrown across both them, saying "It's okay Tori, it's okay." So cute :)

6 comments:

sdralphs said...

Tate is such a good big brother! I love the cute pictures. It was so fun spending the weekend with you guys. I loved holding Baby Tori!

Dia MInha said...

Oh, Shanon, Tori is so adorable. Chubby babies are the best. They are so fun to cuddle.

Cheers for being a brave mommy. I remember the first time I took all four of my kids, five and under, to Wal-mart just after Naomi was born. I actually had more than one person ask me if they were all mine. There have been very few, rare, occasions since, that I have ever taken all five of mine to the store without Matt along. And if I do, it is an emergency and there are only one or two items on the list.

Thank Goodness, for oldest children, who mature faster and love their little brothers and sisters. Isabel is the best babysitter. Usually I can run an errand with only one or two and sometimes no children at all, in tow.

Loving the pictures. Keep them coming.

Love, Lydia

Rachel said...

What a great story! Tate, you are such a sweet big brother.

Denice said...

She is growing so fast..she looks SO much like you Shanon! A gorgeous girl!! Tate is such a sweetie too..I'm glad he is adjusting so well!

Us Egberts said...

That picture of tate soothing Tori was the cutest.....Tori is changing right before our eyes...I wish I could squeeze those little chubber cheeks......:) So blessed.

Jessie said...

Shannon, your kids are just so dang cute I have to comment. I must say that I am impressed that you took the two of them to the grocery store already! Way to go!