Monday, March 16, 2009

Punctuality

We try to instill good values and positive attributes in our children. But there is one trait that both of our babies came into this world already possessing: puncutality. Our little girl was born Friday, March 13, 2009 at 7:08 pm. Right on her due date just like her big brother. Her arrival was fast and furious, but also wonderful and amazing. (Call me if you want the details) She weighed 7 lb 10 oz and was 20 1/2 inches long. She is beautiful, if I do say so myself, and, as of a few hours before we left the hospital, she officially has a name: Tori Kathleen Handley. Here are some photos of her first few days.

Mom and Tori not too long after delivery. What an incredible feeling to finally have our little girl here.


Dad, Mom, and Tori.

Tori and big brother, Tate. I love the look on his face! I don't think he felt as excited as he looks because it was way past his bed time. But he really is such a sweet older brother. (As I was posting this he saw her picture and said, "Ooooh. There's my baby!"

Aunt Andrea and Tori. I have a feeling this girl will learn a lot of girly tricks from her Aunt.


Tori Kathleen Handley. What a sweetheart!


Full body view. We love this baby girl!!


"Precious one, so small, so sweet,

Dancing in on angel feet,

Straight from heaven's brightest star,

What a miracle you are!

Little sunbeam, come to earth,

How heaven smiled to bless your birth,

And how the morning shines like new,

To see a lovely child like you."

10 comments:

Dia MInha said...

Congratulations to the Handley family, from the Handley family. What a precious little girl. I'm very jealous about the fast and furious labor. I have always dreamed of having one and never had the opportunity.

I'm glad you and baby Tori are doing well. Get lots of rest.

Love, Lydia

sdralphs said...

How cute is baby Tori! I'm so glad we got to come see it on Sunday. I love little babies. I'm so glad Tate is doing well adjusting to the new baby, what a trooper. Those picture you took of her are so cute! I hope she has curly hair like you. Let us know if you ever need a break and we will come get Tate and keep him company for awhile. Shane would especially love that!

Rachel said...

Yay Yay Yay!!! What an absolutely BEAUTIFUL little girl. Congratulations Shanon, Phil and Taters! We can't wait to meet little Tori. I hope the transition to a family of four is wonderful and you enjoy every second of those sweet baby sounds, wrinkly little kneecaps and tiny little fingers. When can we bring you dinner? If you don't tell me, we'll just show up on your porch with dinner and freshly baked bread. Yes, that is a threat.

WE STILL MISS YOU!!!!!

Elizabeth and Russ said...

Congratulations!

Denice said...

Shanon!!! Congratulations! Tori is gorgeous! You look SO good..just like after Tate. I'm sure I will look like I've been through the wringer. I can't wait to hear more about it and see more pictures.

Three Men and a Janie said...

What a sweet little family you have! Welcome, Tori! We love you all.

Heckert Family said...

She is precious!!!!

Conner said...

Congratulations guys, she is a cute little girl. Hope things are going well.

Mike and Jessie Hylton said...

Congratulations Phil and Shanon. She is beautiful. I hope all continues to go well.

Us Egberts said...

She is a beauty....lucky! I am so excited for you....what a beautiful blessing...and on time too! love the pics....keep um coming...congratulations Handleys!