Thursday, September 4, 2008

This kid makes me laugh!

I've been a total slacker when it comes to picture taking lately, so you'll have to settle for these two pics that are a few months old. I wasn't home when Tate crawled in the cupboard for the first time, so Phil documented it for me. The second picture is of Tate sleeping with a tiny baby boy doll that he's had since he was a few months old. I emphasize that the doll is a boy because it's kind of a sore spot with daddy and I'm thinking that pointing out the doll's masculenity will help. Anyway. I thought it was funny how he fell asleep cuddling the little baby.

Tate makes me laugh every day. He does/says some of the funniest things. Last week he was having some tummy issues and he threw up quite a bit. The first episode was at 2:30 in the morning, and Phil and I heard it happening and ran into his room to find his bed and his jammies covered in the contents of his stomach. After it was all cleaned up, Tate sat calmly on my lap while I rocked him and announced proudly "Tate puke in bed." He now makes that announcement every time I put him to bed.

The other day I busted out in song while I was putting Tate's shoes on (sometimes, just for fun, I sing really loud in an opera voice . . . of course, this is just when I'm at home with the windows closed and I'm in one of those moods) and he just looked at me and said "Mommy wierd." Aren't kids great?


2 comments:

Us Egberts said...

Man He is almost two right??? Kids are marvelous to say the least. He sure seems to be talking big. Have I ever told you how cute he is? he he he;D When is his #2 day?

Denice said...

That is weird! ;) Cute pics..I can't believe how big he already is!