Sunday, September 7, 2008

Happy Birthday to Tate!

Tate turned two years old on Saturday, so we had a little shing dig with family to celebrate. The party had a sports theme since Tate is obsessed with basketballs, footballs, soccer balls and baseballs. He loved it. Here he is "blowing out his candles". Aka, posing in front of the cake, having an anxiety attack about the blazing inferno, while mommy blew out the candles.

Here is a little better view of the cake. It has his favorite sports balls all over it.


Uncle Shane was a big helper when it came to opening presents. I think he got more excited about it than Tate.
This big present was, in Tate's words, "Too heavy." But he managed to haul it over to Shane for some help with the unwrapping.
Here he is with arguably his favorite gift: the soccer ball. Thanks, Shane & Darcee! He has hardly played with anything else.

Birthdays are exhausting! Tate laid down for quick rest on the soft and cuddley sports blanket Andrea and Allen gave him. Thanks guys!


And here he is with all the loot. Yeah, that's him on the couch zonked out. He had such an awesome day with some of his favorite people, it wore him right out.

Thanks to everyone who made this such a special day. He had so much fun he's going through birthday withdrawal today. He's been going around saying "Happy Birthday to Tate" even though I reminded him that his birthday is over. And when I told him that the package on the table was a present we were going to send to Uncle Tyson in Brazil, he replied "I wanta present." I think this has all gone to his head.

4 comments:

Denice said...

Happy Birthday Tate! Looks like so much fun and lots of fun loot! :)

Us Egberts said...

My oh my what a BD! Happy Birthday little Tate;D

codymegan said...

He's getting so big! I hope he survives 3 blazing candles next year.

Mike and Jessie Hylton said...

I can't believe you have a two year old. He's so cute and I can't believe how much he has grown up.