Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sooooo Excited!

My mom is so awesome. She always takes such good care of us. She's especially good at making sure we're well fed. Tate and I spent a few days up at her house this weekend and we came home with a box of food storage, several pounds of beef, Sunday dinner, and bean dip and chips to snack on during the Superbowl. She thinks of everything. Not only that, but she makes sure my kids are always warm and cozy by making them cute blankets and quilts. Those are what I'm particularly excited about right now. I picked out the material for a bedspread for Tate's new big boy bed a little while ago, and my mom whipped up the cutest little quilt, and a valance for his window. I LOVE IT!! They brighten up his room so much and are so adorable. She also made a cute little quilt for the baby, as well as several flannel blankets. I love them all and can't wait for this little girl to get here so I can wrap her up in these adorable little blankets.



Tate's quilt and valance. You really need to see it along with the rest of his room to fully appreciate it. It goes so cute with his dresser and laundry hamper.


A closer look. You can't really see all the cute designs in the fabric from this picture, but trust me, they're cute.

The baby's quilt. I love this! My mom used such cute fabrics and put a cute, girly ruffle on it.


Flannel blankets. So warm and soft. These were, and still are, Tate's favorite kind of blanket. Hopefully Boo appreciates them just as much.

A little better look at both sides of the blankets.

This is one corner of Boo's room. I'm going with a teddy bear theme, as you might have noticed. I won't show you the other corners, as they're kind of crowded with a high chair, car seat, swing, bouncer, and disassembled crib.

Belly shot. Okay, I felt guilty because I have so many pictures of myself when I was pregnant with Tate, but none of this pregnancy, so I decided to post one. Yes, that's my big, nearly eight month pregnant belly. I'm so excited for this little girl to be here!!!

8 comments:

Us Egberts said...

Fun stuff...you are so cute....You do the pregnent thing so well....beautiful;0

Mike and Jessie Hylton said...

You look adorable!!!

Three Men and a Janie said...

I love this post from beginning to end! Moms are great! The quilts and blankets are SUPER cute. And you are such a cute prego lady! Hopefully we can see you sometime this week. Love ya!

Denice said...

Shanon - you look gorgeous in your picture and you honestly wouldn't know you were 8 months along!! I love the blankets..makes me REALLY miss my mom. :) Have you guys picked a name yet? Drop me an e-mail when you get a chance!

Heckert Family said...

I love your belly, I am starting to want one myself!!! Grandma Alzina sure taught her girls well, because my mom does the same things your mom does. Isn't it wonderful??? Good luck in the next few weeks!

sdralphs said...

Shannon you are hardly even that big to me. I hope I can be as cute as you when I'm pregnant. But I hope that pregnant thing does not come for awhile. I love the blankets! They look so cozy. I cannot wait to hold baby boo in one of those. I'm so excited for her! She should hurry and get here!

codymegan said...

I love that pregnant belly! If I go visit your mom, will she send me home with food and cute baby blankies?

Megan said...

You look so cute. I like your bangs long. This is Darcee's sister, just thought I'd check in and say hi. Your little Tate is so darling. Best of luck with the new little girl.