Saturday, January 15, 2011

Ode to Family

We had family pictures taken a few months ago and I'm just getting around to posting them. Looking at the faces of the people that mean the most to me reminds me how grateful I am for the knowledge that families can be together forever. I don't know what I'd do without these three incredible people in my life; one fabulous, handsome, unselfish, hard working husband and two beautiful, innocent, happy kids. LOVE THEM!!


Marrying this man eight and a half years ago was the best decision of my life. I can't believe the joy and fulfillment it has brought to me. He is truly my best friend and confidant. I am so proud of him and everything he does. He takes such good care of me and is a wonderful daddy.



These kids cause me more stress and bring me more happiness than I ever thought possible. I can't believe how lucky we are to have been blessed with these two little spirits. They are amazing. They make me a better person and help me to stay focused on what is most important.



Tate is such a sweet, playful, sensitive little boy. He has always been very cautious of new people and situations, but once he feels like he can trust you, he gives you his whole heart. He is very protective of his little sister, although he doesn't hestitate to tackle her on a regular basis. He is very observant and loves to learn and ask questions. He also has a contagious smile and an infectious giggle.


Tori, like her brother, was a very even-tempered baby, but she has transformed into a fiesty, stubborn, opinionated toddler. This girl is full of energy and spunk. She is the drama-queen that I feared a little girl would be, but she is also fun and adventerous. She is independent and determined, knowing she can do whatever she sets her mind to. Whenever I ask her if she needs help, she says, "No. I try." She is also a little daddy's girl; her first words every morning are always, "Where daddy go?"


3 comments:

Us Egberts said...

What great fun pics...they make me smile...your babies are so beautiful.....I like your discriptions...but then you were always good at using the perfect words.....You are so blessed. If I had you look at my neices parent profile would you have time to tell me what you think...they are trying to adopt again....I thought of you when she asked me to be objective...Im kind of smitten by their family and it is hard for me to see where if any improvement could be made....let me know....thanks for your reply:)

Denice said...

These pictures are incredible! I love the look on Tori's face in the second one..too cute! Such a gorgeous family. ;)

Mike and Jessie Hylton said...

Amazing pictures. You have such a beautiful family.