Thursday, August 27, 2009

Back to School, Back to School . . .

Tate started at his new "school" (aka: daycare) this week and he was such a trooper. We've been talking about and preparing him for this change all summer. He did so great. He ran right into his new classroom and started playing with the other kids. No tears, no hesitation. His teacher said that a few hours later he paused and said, "I need my mommy. I need to go home." But she just distracted him with some toys and he was fine.

When I got home that night, Tate was so excited to tell me all about his new school, the fun toys, the new teachers, and "the little boy in the green shirt, he was playing with the big truck and I screamed at him."

Thank you, Tater, for being such a big kid and making this day a little bit easier on mommy. I love you!

1 comment:

Elizabeth and Russ said...

Check out those cute dimples!!